Blount Walk Across Tennessee is a team-based walking program. The teams are encouraged to cumulatively walk the equivalent of the length of Tennessee (about 500 miles) or more, over an six-week period. Team members do not have to walk together. Some may prefer to walk outside, while others walk on a treadmill. The team who walks the farthest “across Tennessee” will win, but everyone who participates will take home a healthy habit – walking for fitness.
- Form a team of 4 members.
- Team Captain will fill out a team registration linked below.
- Registration begins Monday, February 28th
- Early Bird Registration – Monday, February 14th (Teams who register will qualify for a prize drawing)
- Registration Deadline – Friday, March 11
- Click on the link below to register:
- Monday, March 28 – Sunday, May 8
- WEEKLY REPORTING Click below to report your Weekly mileage
- MILEAGE CALCULATOR
Key Dates and Deadlines
- Captains will report mileage for their team each Wednesday by noon via “Weekly Mileage Reporting Form”. For reporting purposes, the week will begin on Monday and conclude on Sunday.
- Please be advised the final reporting date is Wednesday, May 11th at NOON in order to prepare for the finale.
- Mark you calendars! Thursday, May 12th 12:00pm. Via Zoom Video Conference. Link will be sent to captains.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DRAWING:
- Get your team registered by March 8 to be in the early bird prize drawing.
1ST – 3RD PLACE PRIZES:
- The top three teams that walked the most miles will win great prizes.
- Every team that walks 500 miles or more will have their name in the drawing for great prizes.
Mary Beth Lima
Extension Agent I
Phone: (865) 982-6430 ext. 4
Blount Walks Final Score
TOP 3 TEAMS
Week 1: Do you need help sticking to a workout routine?